Events & Festivals Committee
The Community Events and Festivals Committee was established in 1988 by Resolution No. 88-128 to replace the Community Promotion Review Committee:
- To advise the City Council on issues related to the promotion of the community.
- To review proposals and make recommendations to the City Council for Community Promotion Events funding.
- To review proposals for major off-season festivals and make recommendations to the City Council for funding.
- To evaluate funded major off-season festivals and community events through event attendance.
- To make an annual report and evaluation to City Council on the previous year's funding for community promotion events and major, off-season festivals.
- To develop a point system to be used as criteria in making granting recommendations to the City Council.
- To attend designated quarterly meetings and special meetings.
- To oversee coordination of events whenever possible with retail organizations, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Conference and Visitor's Bureau.